Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm a Sensitive Guy

Don't laugh, but I have a sensitive side to my personality. There are times where I just have to open a good poetry book. Some poems I write myself.

Just Friends

I love you more every day,
My name I long for you to say.
Do you know just how I feel?
Do you know this love is real?
Sometimes I wonder what you think.
When you hear my name, do your cheeks turn pink?
Do you dream about me every night?
Wish to hug me and hold me tight?
Do you think we're meant to be?
Together forever, you and me?
These are the questions that run through my mind,
Your way into my heart, you did find.
It drives me crazy as to what I should do,
Should I risk a friendship and confess to you?
Or should I keep my feelings inside,
Keep them locked up, let them hide?
I just don't know what to do anymore,
My heart it aches, my heart it's sore.
I love you more than you could know,
And I don't want to ever let you go.
So even if I'm just a friend,
I'll always love you until the end.
                     - Unknown

When You Have Him

Why do you need valuables,
When God’s loves is your treasure?
Why do you wish to be popular,
When the king is your father?
The light of heaven smiles down on you,
To remind you of what God gave you.
He gave us his son Whom men abuse,
And on him, spat and lashed and bruised.
Accept his love; it is all that we need,
Towards worldly things you must not give heed.
Why do tears trickle at a worldly loss?
Who needs lucky charms when He gave us the cross?
                                   - Trent DeWhite

7 comments:

  1. Wow, those are both really good. I'm looking forward to reading your blog more. I'm interested in the direction Odyssey blogs are going. You are further developing a style I think was started by Mandy, then continued by Camilla, Agent 3XQ, and Around the Corner in Odyssey's webmaster. Thank you, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christian. Oh, so you read Agent 3xQ's blog? You do know that isn't his real name, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is SO my real name. At least as far as the online world is concerned. You never know who might come across these type of blogs. They might try to track me down and take me away so no one ever knows the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, Agent, the only reason I don't tell your name is because last time you got mad at me...it didn't end well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got one thing right Ja....I mean he-who-thinks-I'm-an-evil-genious-that-will-take-over-the-world-with-walking-twinkies-and-flying-mutant-ninja-squirells...I mean Agent 3XQ, they would want to take you away.

    @ Trent: Nice blog. Keep it up. Don't pay much attention to 3Z7 over there. Course I guess you're sorta used to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Freddy! Yea I grew up with his "big ideas" because he and I are, you know, "close friends."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trent, these poems are so moving. I love the one you wrote.

    ~Mandy

    ReplyDelete